There will be no “ordinary day” at the office as a HR Manager in the field with us. Being the HR Manager (known as “HR Coordinator” in the field) means having one of the most diverse and complex roles in our field team.
It means being a hands-on HR professional, with both operational and strategic responsibilities. You will have the ability to hit the ground running, providing essential HR support to our field project teams and thrive operating in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment.
As HR Coordinator, you may be based either in the Capital of the country that our projects are operating in or within the field projects themselves.
In addition to being responsible for standard core HR operations, here are some example scenarios to consider that you might be faced with as a HR Coordinator in the field — what would you do?
- A refugee camp is in the process of being established and we need to quickly hire skilled national staff who can travel to remote locations. Where would you start?
- We need to negotiate with local officials to get urgent visas processed and approved to address an emergency on the ground. How can we get access as quickly as possible?
- How would you provide career development and coaching for staff operating in complex and often unstable environments, with limited resources available?
- Meet our Essential Criteria for all Field Workers
- Have a minimum of 2+ years HR Generalist experience
- Ability to interpret and ensure organisational compliance with local employment and labour laws for all relevant employee matters
- Strong experience in Employee Relations and performance management
- Proven experience in coaching, training and development of diverse teams
- HR Operations, policy and process management experience, ideally with experience in visa processing, budget management and payroll
- Ability to establish positive and credible working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- HR Project Management experience
- Available to work in the field for 9-12 months
- 5 yrs+ HR Generalist experience, including in a HR leadership role
- Experience operating within an International HR role
- Finance management experience
Ready to apply?
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.