Medical Advisor - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Operational Centre Paris (OCP) seeks to appoint a Medical Advisor (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) for the Sydney Medical Unit:
MSF Operational Centre Paris (OCP) consists of four partner sections (Paris, New York, Tokyo and Sydney) as well as offices in Dubai, Nairobi and Dakar. MSF OCP carries out operations according to a common strategic plan and annual medico-operational plans. In 2005 the Sydney Medical Unit was created, and as an integral part of the medical department of OCP, is responsible for medical support of operations in the field of Women’s and Child Health.
The overall responsibility of the Medical Advisor - Obstetrics and Gynaecology is to provide medical support to the operational project of OCP:
- Contribute, through their expertise, to developing medico-operational strategies and to the improvement of care of patients in MSF projects, namely in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- They will work as part of a team of other women’s health and paediatric referents in Medical Unit and colleagues in OCP medical department
- They will act as a support to the two midwifery advisors in their area of expertise
- They will have an overview of the programs providing sexual and reproductive health care and provide specialist obstetrical and gynecological support for relevant issues, such as obstetric surgery and cervical cancer management.
- They will collaborate in implementation and adaptation of operations, exploring new areas for sexual and reproductive health care, background research, designing and revising guidelines and clinical advice in complex cases to projects/midwife advisors.
- As a member of the medical department of OCP, they will participate in activities and discussions and exchange regularly with colleagues within this department.
- Accountability for all areas of individual responsibility is to the Head of the Medical Unit.
Please refer to the attached Job Description for further details and selection criteria: jd_medical_advisor_-_obstetrics_and_gynaecology.pdf
Applications MUST address individual selection criteria. You should also write a cover letter indicating why you want to work for Médecins Sans Frontières Australia and attach a copy of your CV.
Please note that a criminal record check may be required as part of the selection process. Applicants with criminal records will not automatically be ineligible for the position they are applying for. Médecins Sans Frontières Australia has a Child Protection Policy in place and all employees are required to comply with this policy.
Médecins Sans Frontières Australia is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all our staff. We believe that a diverse team helps us better serve those most in need, we encourage flexibility (in all its forms) and we encourage people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for this role, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+, people from other culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities. People with a disability can request support from our Domestic HR Department if you think you may require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment.
Applications close: 6th Feb 2022
Applications and enquiries to
Email: [email protected]