Medical Advisor - Women's Health / Midwife
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF provides assistance to populations in distress irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
As part of the Operational Centre Paris (OCP), MSF Australia Medical Unit is responsible for medical support and expertise in the area of Women’s and Child Health and the care of survivors of Sexual Violence. It also provides a direct link to the field for MSF Australia Communications, Fundraising and Human Resources departments.
- Flexible and hybrid work policies
- Yoga, Meditation & language classes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging, plus benefits & allowances
- Training budget & LinkedIn learning licence
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Additional leave & purchased leave options
- Plus so much more!
Reporting to the Head of Medical Unit – Sydney, this 3-year full time Australian based contract will provide medical midwifery support to OCP operations and projects.
With a focus on the improvement of care for patients you will work collaboratively within your team made up of Midwife Advisors, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Sexual violence Advisors to provide medical support directly to MSF projects and the Operations department. Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in defining medico-operational priorities in the areas of Women’s and Children’s/Neonatal health
- Develop and implement strategies according to medico-operational objectives
- Research and contribute to innovation and improvements in midwifery / Women’s health
To be successful in this key position, you will be known for your clinical competence and interesting insights into how to improving quality of care or women. Ideally you will have established relationships with MSF France and can demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications and proficient technical skills in midwifery
- Minimum of 3 MSF field assignments and significant experience in Clinical Midwife or Maternity Manager positions
- Scientific analysis, research and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications (oral English: C2 and good French language skills); and
- Comfort working outside standard office hours and availability to travel to MSF projects.
Apply today! Send your resume to [email protected]
Note - MSF Australia will assist with sponsorship / visas /right to work in Australia if needed
Applications will be reviewed on receipt.
For more information see the attached job description or contact Recruitment on +61 2 8570 2609 with any questions. jd_midwife_advisor_sydney.pdf
In MSF Australia, we believe the following 5 values form the foundations of our culture – Transparency, Respect, Understanding of Diversity, Stepping In and CollaboraTion.
At MSF Australia we value T.R.U.S.T as an essential element to how we operate and believe that these organisation values flow from this trust that we build.
MSF Australia is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all our staff. We believe that a diverse team helps us better serve those most in need, we encourage flexibility (in all its forms) and we encourage people from a wide range of backgrounds to apply for this role, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+, people from other culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities. People with a disability can request support from our Domestic HR Department if you think you may require reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process
A criminal record check may be required as part of the selection process. Applicants with criminal records will not automatically be ineligible for the position they are applying for.
Médecins Sans Frontières Australia has a Child Protection Policy and Covid-19 vaccination policy in place, all employees are required to comply with these policies.