MSF Australia is actively recruiting nurses with:
- Significant experience in ER/ICU
- Significant Infectious Prevention Control experience
- General Nurses who are bilingual in French/English
- Neonate/Paediatric Nurses
For all other general nurses profiles, please register for our recruitment newsletter and we will notify you when opportunities arise in future.
As a nurse working for Médecins Sans Frontières your training and supervisory skills will be utilised to the full. The contexts in which you work may vary from taking part in a mass vaccination for meningitis, managing a maternal-child health program or triaging an influx of displaced people fleeing conflict.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- RN (Div.1) status & absolute minimum of three years experience post-qualification in areas such as Emergency, ICU, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Infectious Diseases (STDs, HIV/AIDS, TB), Public Health, Obstetrics, Surgical/Post Operative Care, Operating Theatres
- Additional studies in one of the following: refugee health, international public health, infectious diseases (especially TB and HIV/AIDS), tropical nursing OR relevant work experience in developing countries and/or indigenous communities
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Senior managerial experience (eg Clinical Nurse Director, Service Manager)
- Clinical education and/or training experience
- 5+ years work experience post-qualification
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
There are limited opportunities for first mission English speaking general nurses at present. MSF Australia is currently accepting applications for general nurses who are bilingual French/English only. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
MSF Australia expects demand for general nurses will increase mid to late 2020 and encourage any nurse interested in applying to register for updates.
Use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.