All our projects require competent personnel to support the medical staff and keep activities running from an administrative perspective. As the person responsible for project finances and/or human resources (HR), you will undertake one of the most diverse and challenging roles within a Médecins Sans Frontières team.
Project HR/Finance Managers require a mix of finance and human resources experience. The role is more often combined whereby you cover both finance and HR. In some larger projects you may be asked to be responsible for only HR or finance.
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for project accounts, cash management and security, budget control and financial reporting. As HR Manager you will be responsible for the implementation of Human Resource policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project. Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will also be important, as your role requires supporting both international and local staff.
You will liaise with local authorities and service providers in relation to all project finance, human resources issues, and local labour laws. You will be part of the project management team, contributing to discussions and decisions around project direction.
For experienced HR and Finance professionals MSF has the role of HR and/or Finance Coordinator. This is a role within the country management team and a career progression for MSF managers, having completed at least one manager role based in a project. It is rare that new fieldworkers will be validated at this level however, in certain cases MSF may consider this on an individual basis.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Degree in finance, management, HR or administration
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience in one or both of the following:
- Accounting, budgeting, financial planning, financial control, financial reporting OR
- Human Resource Management and policy principles in areas such as recruitment, performance management, staff payroll, tax, labour law
- Ability to work as part of a management team, including project planning responsibilities
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Knowledge of financial and reporting guidelines of major funding institutions
- Ability to understand and function in different legal environments
- Available for longer-term commitment of 12 months or more
NOTE: Individuals recruited in this capacity may be required to undertake internal training prior to their first field placement. The course outlines specific finance, human resources and administration policies, procedures, tools and software used by Médecins Sans Frontières in the field.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.