Access to essential drugs is one of the major concerns for Médecins Sans Frontières. Pharmacists are responsible for managing the order, supply, inventory and distribution of drugs and medical supplies to Médecins Sans Frontières-supported clinics and hospitals. Ensuring compliance with national rules and regulations is vital. As a Pharmacist with Médecins Sans Frontières you may be asked to evaluate the availability and quality of drugs being considered for local purchase, work with government officials on supply chain issues and consider how to store medicines in challenging, under-resourced locations.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Relevant qualification as a pharmacist
- Recent work experience in a hospital environment
- Ability to manage supply and ensure stock control
- Ability to implement processes that ensure availability and quality of locally purchased drugs
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 9 months
- Knowledge of HIV, TB and treatment of tropical diseases
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
Please view the Essential Criteria for all profiles.
Pharmacists must submit a Skills Assessment Form in addition to the standard application requirements.
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.